By Onur Cinar
Eclipse is the main followed built-in improvement surroundings (IDE) for Java programmers. And, now, Eclipse looks the popular IDE for Android apps builders.
Android Apps with Eclipse offers a close evaluate of Eclipse, together with steps and the screenshots to assist Android builders to fast wake up to hurry on Eclipse and to streamline their day by day software program development. This booklet contains the following:
* assessment of Eclipse basics for either Java and C/C++ improvement.
* utilizing Eclipse Android improvement Toolkit (ADT) to improve, debug, and troubleshoot Android functions.
* utilizing Eclipse C/C++ improvement Toolkit (CDT) along with Android local improvement package (NDK) to combine, increase and troubleshoot local Android parts via Eclipse.
What you’ll learn
* the right way to use the most well-liked Java IDE for Android apps improvement
* how one can set up and configure Eclipse for Android improvement
* how you can construct an Android media participant app utilizing the Eclipse IDE
* how one can leverage Eclipse with the Android local improvement equipment for C/C++ wishes
* the way to leverage Eclipse for scripting utilizing Android's SL4A (Scripting Layer for Android)
* how one can do non-stop integration in Eclipse, together with resource code controls, scripting builds with Ant and extra
Who this publication is for
This booklet is for either newbie and intermediate builders who want to quick arise to hurry on Android improvement utilizing the Eclipse IDE.
Table of Contents
• what's Android?
• software Architecture
• what's Eclipse?
• learning Eclipse
• Android improvement instruments for Eclipse
• undertaking: motion picture Player
• Android local improvement utilizing Eclipse
• undertaking: including AVI help to motion picture Player
• Android Scripting utilizing Eclipse
• venture: Scripting motion picture participant utilizing Lua
• Appendix A: Testing
Read or Download Android Apps with Eclipse PDF
Similar programming books
Functional Ruby gemstones is a entire advisor to using and growing Ruby Gems—ready-made Ruby code modules that may be simply further to Ruby and Rails initiatives. This e-book is perfect for Ruby programmers in addition to internet builders who use Rails and want to increase the performance in their initiatives.
Flask is a small yet robust internet improvement framework for Python. although Flask is named a micro-framework, it's no means missing in performance; there are numerous extensions to be had to Flask which is helping it to operate on the related point as different huge frameworks equivalent to Django and Ruby on Rails.
This booklet will display how you can increase a sequence of net program tasks with the Python internet micro-framework, and leverage extensions and exterior Python libraries and APIs to increase the advance of various better and extra advanced net applications.
The ebook will begin through explaining Python’s Virtualenv library and the way to create and turn among a number of digital environments. You’ll first construct an SQL database-backed software, on the way to use Flask-WTF, Flask-SQLAlchemy, Jinja templates, and different equipment. subsequent you’ll stream directly to a timeline program, equipped utilizing recommendations together with pytest-Flask, the Blinker package deal, information modelling for consumer timelines, exception dealing with, and growing and organizing CLI instruments.
Create your individual leading edge functions in computing device imaginative and prescient, video game layout, track, robotics, and different components via taking complete benefit of Kinect’s vast interactive, multi-media platform. With this e-book, you get a step by step walkthrough of the easiest strategies and instruments to come back out of the OpenKinect undertaking, the biggest and so much energetic Kinect hacking neighborhood.
- Programming Logic and Design, Comprehensive (7th Edition)
- Git for Humans
- Microsoft Windows Group Policy Guide (Pro-One-Offs)
- Mastering RabbitMQ
Additional info for Android Apps with Eclipse
Resources Android architecture encourages users to externalize the application resources from the application source code as much as possible. By externalizing resources, Android applications can use different sets of both graphics and text resources based on the device configurations as well as the current locale. The following resources are currently supported by the Android platform: Animation resources Color resources Drawable resources Layout resources Menu resources String resources Style resources Value resources 33 34 CHAPTER 2: Application Architecture Application resources are placed in the res directory in applications.
APK files are actually archive files in ZIP file format. They partially follow the JAR file format, except for the way that the application class files are packaged. MF: This is the JAR manifest file for the package file itself. SF: This contains SHA1 hashes for the files that are included in the package file. The file is signed by the application developer’s certificate. SF file. xml: This is the application’s manifest file. It is one of the most important components of Android applications, and we will briefly explore it in the next section.
The intent is an abstract description of an operation to be performed. It provides a late runtime binding between different components using a passive data structure. Android keeps a mapping from intents to activities, and initiates the correct activity based on a given intent. For certain intents, there may be more than one activity that can do the task. In such cases, Android presents the user with a list of these activities to choose from. A complex task may involve more than one activity. In that case, the activities are kept in an activity stack as the user moves from one activity to the other.